Cherokee County 4-H Expo Center
and Bomgaars Conference Center
The Cherokee County 4-‐H Expo Center facility is located on the Cherokee County Fairgrounds and is easily accessible from US Highway 59. From the intersection of Highway 59 and Linden Street on the south end of Cherokee (North Star Community Credit Union corner), proceed north on Highway 59 and turn right on the first street, Hickory Street (A). The fairgrounds entrance is approximately ½ block east. As you enter the fairgrounds, immediately turn left (north) and follow the road to the Expo Center (B). A graveled parking area is located on the west side of the facility.
• Easy access sliding doors on all sides
• Walk-‐in doors on each corner of the building
• Moveable bleachers
• Round pen and tying/staging area
• Interior corral panels can be rearranged for rental events
• Graveled parking area
• Handicapped accessible restrooms and showers in adjoining conference center
• Available for lease by the day for your event
• Open riding memberships are available for purchase for year round riding
Memberships are available for purchase to utilize the Indoor arena for open riding. The annual membership fee is $100 per individual or family (household) and is good through December 31. The arena is available 24/7 for member use unless the facility is rented for another event. Gift certificates are available for purchase and make a wonderful birthday, anniversary, or special occasion gift for anyone who loves to ride.
The indoor arena and/or Bomgaars Conference Center can be rented for a variety of special events such as auction sales, livestock shows and clinics, flea markets, machinery and car shows, public meetings, workshops, holiday parties, reunions, showers, and more.
Rental rates are as follows:
- Indoor Arena Only -Non-profit groups/organizations - $100 per day; Commercial/For Profit - $150 per day plus $50 damage/cleaning deposit
- Indoor Arena & Conference Center – Non-profit groups/organizations $150 per Day For-‐profit organizations/individuals -‐ $200 per day plus $50 damage/cleaning deposit
- Center Only -‐ $50 per day plus $50 damage/cleaning deposit ($75 if the indoor riding arena is closed to membership)
- Camping spaces (with electricity or primitive) are available for a daily fee and must be reserved in advance.
- Other buildings on the fairgrounds may also be rented at rates determined by the Fair Board.
Bomgaars Conference Center
32’ x 60’
- Kitchenette with refrigerator, microwave, triple sink and serving island with electrical outlets
- 32’ x 27’ seating area
- Handicapped accessible restrooms with baby stations
- Available to rent separately or in conjunction with the indoor arena
- Air conditioned/heated
- Additional Amenities
- Camper hook-‐ups available on grounds
- Additional buildings available for rent on the fairgrounds